lunes, 5 de octubre de 2015

Realm of Chaos 80s: A Tale of Four Oldhammer Gamers: Week 2

Realm of Chaos 80s: A Tale of Four Oldhammer Gamers: Week 2:
Good morning all (well, it is as I type) and apologies for the lack of
posts recently, but it's been back to school with a resounding workload
increase. Subsequently I haven't done much since that last post in this
series beyond clean up a few models. As you can see in the picture, I
have my palanquin stripped and ready for painting. 
And what a task that was!






When I bought the model a few years back it looked undercoated in white.
I am not sure what was used but it took repeated soakings in Dettol and
frantic scrubbings to get the pieces clean and ready. It's a beautiful,
beautiful model packed with detail and I didn't want anything looking
clogged and untidy. 
Then my daughter, who is three, decided to paint the palanquin herself
when I was at school, wrecking every one of my paint brushes and
covering the nurglings in more glop. So it was off to eBay to buy a
fresh set of brushes and a return to the Dettol for the model. 
Not a great start!
As you can see, there are also a couple of skeletons I picked up
recently which will make there way (hopefully) into the army at some
point as plague skeletons. 




Plan to approach painting the model in three stages. First, the
nurglings, then the seat itself followed by the champion and his
banners. If you look closely at the banners you can see that they are
still a bit clogged with white paint! What ever the idiot who owned the
model before me did, its very hard to undo! 
I hope to start the nurglings today and get them finished by the end of the weekend. You may well have noticed that Chico has already completed work on some of his pieces for this project, so follow the link if you haven't seen his latest update. 
Orlygg.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Mi lista de blogs