miércoles, 23 de abril de 2014

Goblin Lee's Miniatures Blog. : Slann standards and Jaguar warriors.

Goblin Lee's Miniatures Blog. : Slann standards and Jaguar warriors.: A delayed blog update this week as I was out an about on Sunday and got
back a little late to do the blog! Sadly, I was'nt at Salute this year,
but from what I have seen it looked fun :)





This weeks painting is the continuation on with the Slann army.

 I went back over the some of the regiments and painted up a few
standards which arrived in my mail order from Outpost Wargame Services
last week.

Other than that I have painted up a few of the Slann Jaguar Warriors,
but have'nt made that much progress. I am really enjoying painting the
Slann, but got distracted over preperations for my new job this week.



After an e-bay win, I added two more Slann to the Space Slann force, and
decided to rebase them on 25mm rounds bases as I just think they just
look better like that.



The plan for next week update is to do a Goblin update, an in depth look
again at a particular range. I have been wanting to do an update on
Goblins for a while, probably the Iron Claw range.



Quieter week this week, but enjoy:) 





 Slann Eagle Warrior standards. 
I painted the 'Smiley Demon' (it's Aztec name) standard on the left to
look like a representation of an Old Slann in a Space suit. Green face,
silver/black goggled eyes, and an off white space helmet. 
The banner on the right will have a symbol painted on it the same time I do the sheild devices later.
 Slann Jungle Brave on the left and Bull Slann on the right.
 Another Bull Slann, this time on the left, and Jungle Brave on the right.
 Yes, you guessed it. Jungle Slann, and a Bull Slann. 
 Slann Jaguar warriors. 
Like the Eagle warriors, and the Aztec suit wearers in history, both
wore totem suits of of different colours. I have paint about half the
standard Jaguar colour, and the others blue, red, or green. I did paint a
test model up in a white Jaguar suit, but it looked too much like a
Slann in a onesie so I repainted him!

I have painted the axes and shields to represent a mystical Slann idea
that they are the magical repsentation of a Jaguar claw, a type of
sympathtic magic.
 Blue Jaguar warrior, and the standard bearer for one of the regiments.
 View of the shields.
Test model for an alternative Jaguar warrior regiment using the C32 Slann 'Pulque'.
I have not decided whether to have the regiment all this colour or a mix as above.
 Aligator Warrior with new standard. Unlike the old one it's now on his
back like a back banner but planted in the ground, like he is dancing
around it or making a stand. 
The model on the right is the Talisman Amazon model which I had in my Slann bits box, and thought I would paint her up.
After chatting on my blog I repostioned the bug's legs to have a pose more like a real life bug.
Hooray for e-bay!
I bagged a couple of Space Slann for £15.60 inc P&P. 
With these two I now have the Space Slann army organised into 5 squads
of 5 Slann, and an independent hero. I think that might me a good place
to stop as it gives a nice little force. 
Next week, Iron Claw Goblins update and more painted Slann.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Mi lista de blogs